Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Times With Dad




While working on a Fathers Day present for my Dad today, I started laughing - thinking about some fun times we have had. We share a silly sense of humor. One day as we were walking in to KMart someone else was walking out and set off the alarm indicating that they left the store with something that still had the "inventory control tag" on it. So we started jumping around and saying "We won! We won! What did we win?" Of course we got some crazy looks but it was hilarious to us! Then we made our way to the card section in search of a birthday card for a friend of his. I picked one up that said


"**Its your Birthday!!!** You could win all sorts of prizes! A new home! A car! A vacation! Or several other smaller prizes."

When I opened the card I saw a drawing of a large star and these instructions -

"Hold card up to the light and look in the star to see what you have won."

When I did that, I saw the word "Card"


Oh my goodness!!!! I was laughing SO hard! So of course Dad reads it and he starts laughing. We were in the card section literally crying in laughter about that card. Theres no way I could tell this story that would do it justice. The harder he laughed the more I laughed and vice versa. And the more people walked by and looked at us like we were crazy - the funnier it got. I will always cherish times like that with my Dad. We laughed until it hurt. It felt great! :-)

7 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have times like that with your dad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about this special time with your dad. The pictures are a great addition too!

    Hope this finds you well!
    Tamra Wright

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I laughed too, reading that.
    Sadly, I don't have my Dad anymore but it's the little memories that shine brightest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take as much time with your dad as you can because you are lucky to have him. I lost mine when I Was 3. So love him and respect him all ways

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those moments my daughter and I have them often, I am sure people think we are nuts but they are ever lasting memories.

    Stop by my blog when you can and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story, moments like that are the very best. I lost my dad about twenty years ago but the memories I will have forever.
    Thanks for sharing,
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that story. Me and my dad never really did stuff like that but me and my mom sure did lol. Unfortunatly my father disowned me and my other siblings about 3 years ago so.... yea. Its good to see that you cherish those times with your dad. You just never realize how much your going to miss something until its gone. But MAN! the good times a great! :)P.S. Thanks for following my blog :) I did some clickity clicking on my way out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete