Monday, May 18, 2009

To My Wonderful Husband


Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fantasy
I get confused about how a man could be
So perfect for me
…. And I wonder
When will we go wrong?
Sometimes I wonder how long
It will take
For you to wake me
I'd just hold on tight
If you ever took flight
I could never let go
I'm goin' wherever you take me

You know I said forever and my words were very true
But I'm scared because I can't find anything wrong with you
Am I dreaming? Am I foolish? Could it possibly be?
That you really are the perfect match for me?
How'd I get so lucky?
Why do you love me?

I must have done something right
In a past life
All the riches in the world for the rest of my life
Could never match up to being your wife
You're mine- I'm yours- I'm living a dream
For once in my life – everything IS what it seems
I gave you my heart and that's where it belongs
And now I'll stop wondering what will go wrong
I used to think a "Soul Mate" was only a myth
Until the day I became a Smith

5 comments:

  1. Thats beautiful, its nice to be in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet. I also married my soulmate. You will discover things that may not make the 'perfect' list, but always remember he is the same man that made you feel this way today. Have a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful and so is being in love. I to married my soulmate and we are more in love now than when we met. Love is grand.

    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Your wedding pics are precious.

    I got engaged to Superman in Feb. Yes, Superman! SM for short. SM = Soul Mate. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring post. Thanks MRS S, SQ and MZ Lily for encouraging words about LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem - hope he appreciates it - and you!

    ReplyDelete