Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Respect My Stuff!!!!!

This happened a couple of years ago. I was just reminded of it and thought I would share it since I find it pretty entertaning now. I didnt then. LOL
At my job, there is a different company that is contracted to come in during evenings or weekends and clean the buildings. Usually it is just standard stuff but every so often they do more in depth cleaning. Well, it was a Friday and I was scheduled to work all weekend. I brought a container of muffins to work Friday morning, ate a couple of them and saved the rest for the weekend. Toward the end of the day, I was told the clean up crew would be coming so if they asked for access I was to let them in the building. It was time for one of the "big cleanings" and they would be bringing a lot of equipment in. Saturday I made sure to save myself 2 muffins for Sunday - because on the weekends we work alone so we cannot leave to go get any lunch. When I left Saturday evening the clean up crew was downstairs and had not made it to my office yet. When I came back in Sunday I immediately noticed how clean our kitchen was - a pleasant surprise being that I worked with mostly men that dont clean up well behind theirselves. So, I go to the refridgerator to get my bottle of water that I had been refilling each day at the "Mountain Water Dispenser" in the hallway. The bottle was gone. There was barely anything in the fridge at all compared to how it looked the day before. So, there I went - off on a rant, "I can NOT BELIEVE they threw my water bottle away! What right do they have to throw anything away? Even if it was empty, it was in there for a reason! They need to respect my stuff!" Then my head snapped to the left where my muffins used to be on the counter. Thats right. Used to be! I walked slowly to the huge trash can and look down to see the muffins, still safe in their little compartments of the case they came in. I REALLY got mad then! I went on and on about how "I can NOT BELIEVE......" I was pissed! I didnt bring any breakfast and was thining about those muffins on my way to work! After going on and on about it I decided to take them out of the trash and eat them anyway! After all, there wasnt any trash on top of the packaging they were in - so they were fine! Who were they to decide my muffins were no longer good to eat? How dare they! I popped them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them nice and warm and I had the breakfast I had been waiting for. All day I told people the story about the nerve of people to throw my stuff away! Well, I was off work Monday and Tuesday and when I returned Wednesday I was telling a co-worker about it and how mad I was that they did not respect my stuff!!! When I got to the part of the story where I said that I noticed my muffins in the trash, he stopped me and said, "Oh, yeah, I accidentally knocked the muffins off the counter the other day and the thing they were in came open and the muffins were rolling all over the floor. So I threw them in the trash."
Yeah, it's funnier now than it was then!

3 comments:

  1. My mother used to say, "What you don't know can't hurt you." I'd like to add, "But what you find out can make you sick!" Reminds me of the birthday cake I thought the kid stuck their fingers in... Turned out, it was their dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!! OMG this story was deff funny :) I had a good laugh...at your expense...but I'm sure you dont mind since you posted it. This reminded me though of the CORNIEST muffin joke in the world...There were 2 muffins in an oven.One muffin said "MAN! Its hot in here." The other muffin said "OH MY GOD! A TALKING MUFFIN!" ok ok ok BAD joke I know.Anyway, you'll find as with yYOUR blog that real life comdey is the ulrimate best so you should Deff check out my Blog about my 3 year old son and his views on life. Also I noticed you have some interesting Ads on your page. I'll check out 2 or 3...or more on my way out. Feel free to check out my Ads too on my page while visiting. I hope you enjoy the stories! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness... you are too funny! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete